Friday, December 17, 2010

Save Early, Save Often

“Save early, save often” is one of the most valuable lessons my dad taught me.  So many times I have put a lot of time into typing a project, and then all of a sudden I lose it.  So now I hit the save button every few minutes. 
  I admit I sometimes feel silly when I save my document every 3 minutes, but I feel better when I hear someone say, “My computer turned off.   Now I have to start over.”  I am never that person freaking out from losing a document. 
  
























It is always better to be safe than sorry when working with technology.  Sometimes things happen and you can never know when you may get distracted and have to walk away from you computer for a minute.  So I have made it a practice to “save early, save often”.

4 comments:

  1. Very funny yet true! I didn't even think of doing a life lesson like this. GOOD JOB JENNY!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand computers sometimes! I don't save every three seconds, but I do save every five minuets or so. Recently, my computer crashed and all of my saved work was wiped off of my computer, but luckly I had saved it all on my jump drive as well. It is always good to have backup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happened to me in Mrs. Ellis' class last year. I was SO angry. Now I save really, really often, and back everything up on my flash drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how often this has happened to me! I guess I really need to start saving. early and often!

    ReplyDelete